Thursday, December 27, 2007

Books that I have read, or are reading that I think is helpful in understanding how information is created, used, and retrieved are:

Glut:


This book explains the origin of text, and how throughout history information has been created, stored and retrieved. Although not a book about how to find sensitive information, I don't believe there is a difference between finding any type of information, whether it is for the purpose of identifying sensitive information, or retrieval of other types of information. The problems are the same.

We are smarter than me:


This book is created by many authors, but is edited by a core group. I believe by reading this book, you will also gain insights into how documents and information will be created in corporations, not by single individuals, but by many individuals in a collaborative effort.

The third book I am currently reading is The stuff of thought:


This book explains the process of thought and how it affects language. I believe that without understanding how language works, understanding information retrieval created by users cannot be obtained.

I will add other books going forward that I believe is helping me understand information leakage prevention solutions.

No comments: